Signs of Ageing Hands
The ageing process can affect every part of our body. We are usually most concerned with the signs of ageing on our faces, but it can also be worrying to see these signs on our hands too. The skin on our hands can experience a lot of the same problems as our faces as we grow older. You might notice the following signs of ageing hands:
- Looser skin
- Lines and wrinkles
- More prominent veins and tendons on the back of the hand
- Age spots or sun spots
- Dry skin
- Less elasticity
Dermal Fillers for Your Hands
Dermal fillers can help with a lot of these signs of ageing in your hands. Dermal fillers are made of a substance called hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in our skin. It has been used for non-surgical cosmetic treatments for many years, but mainly to tackle problems such as wrinkles on the face. It is now being used to improve the appearance of hands too.
You can have dermal filler treatment for your hands to:
- Fill lines and wrinkles
- Add some extra volume in order to tighten your skin
- Improve the condition of your skin by helping to hydrate it
You should be able to see the results as soon as the fillers are injected. You might have a little bit of redness at the injection sites, but you won’t need to take any time off to recover. The filler is completely safe for your body as it’s made of a naturally occurring substance. It will break down over time, but the effects of the treatment should last for at least 6-12 months.
What Else Can You Do to Tackle Ageing Hands
Dermal fillers have provided an effective new tool to combat the signs of ageing, but there are some other things you can do to look after your hands too:
- Moisturise with hand cream at least once a day to prevent dryness and cracking. It can also improve the texture and elasticity of your skin.
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to prevent sun damage, which can cause wrinkles, sun spots and other signs of ageing.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin and eat a balanced diet so that your body has all the nutrients it needs to keep your skin healthy.
- Wear protective gloves when washing up or doing activities like gardening, to avoid drying your skin out or damaging it.
- Other non-surgical cosmetic treatments at Dermadoc can help with other signs of ageing. Ask us for advice.